Saturday, February 28, 2009

Some New Experiences - Football, Twitter, Barcamp & Classical Music

Of late afternoons have been well spent playing cricket with fellow ManDevIans on the lush green fields of MDI. A luxury I would definitely miss once out of MDI. Today as we were about to end another bunch of friends had descended on the field for a round of football.

Had a strong impulse to try my hand or rather foot at football. It was my first ever attempt at Football @ MDI and I loved it. Though some tackles got scary at times and was tentative all throughout I think I will give it a try couple more times. Besides unlike Cricket it involves lot of running so would help lose a couple of kilos too which I've been trying hard ;)

Dinner was followed by a movie "Scent of a Woman". An OKish script but brilliant acting by Al Pacino. And he made some very poignant remarks about leadership in the climax which I kinda feel needs to be reiterated time and again to keep people and institutions focused.

Post that during random net surfing ended up creating a Twitter account. You can now find me on twitter here. Am a big fan of Social Networking and take pride in using Orkut and Facebook very actively. For next few days perhaps would try and get comfortable with tweeting. Also found a very interesting website to find directions to any place.

Have some fairly new things lined up for the weekend too...

Will be attending Barcamp Delhi 6th Edition which will be hosted @ MDI over the weekend. On sunday will do some Delhi darshan during the day and attend a SPICMACAY event in the evening where Pt.Ravishankar and Anoushka Shankar would be performing.

Am quite liking these new developments and the new experiences they are/would be offering.

Adios! :)

No comments: