Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Morning After...

As I woke up and sat in my bed
Staring into the vast empty spaces of my Change Masters room
I could feel an acute pain shooting through my Head

I sat there trying to figure out this incomprehensible feeling
And it took me quite a while to realize it's the "The Morning After..."
The Morning After a Night full of revelry

A rather Long Night...which lasted some 20 odd months
Complete with several mini Mornings Days and Nights in its each passing Moment

A rather Long Night...replete with moments each full of distinctive ManDevIan flavor
All of which I merrily guzzled with much fervor

Each little sip aroused an arrangement of assorted emotions

But I still wondered...
...this Hangover Effect is a result of which Concoctions

The Concoctions which I drank so merrily
Without ever wondering what the consequences might be

As I tried to figure out the causes of this groggy stupor
I could sense the Pain had already made its way and reached My Heart

And then My Heart finally spoke
"Don't worry son" he said...to soothe my frayed nerves

And then he continued for a while...

It's the Hangover Effect of a Heady Mixture of Life
Of which you had several Shots On the Rocks
Lives of your Fellow ManDevIans served Neat with Your Own Life

But My Mind continued to wander for a while
Then it refused to admit I was up drinking all night

But My Heart was beaming with Joy
Glad that I had revelled all night

Then I slowly recognized that this Hangover Effect I really savor
And it's going to be impossible to induce it all over again

So I decided to escape This Morning After
And go back to that bloody Night

A long night replete with moments each full of distinctive ManDevIan Flavour
And indulge in that heady Concoction of Life for one last time...

Wrote this on Saturday morning i.e. "The Morning After" my last exam at MDI and dedicated with Love to All the Lives who made up this Heady Concoction!

PS: All this while I used to joke around with people who tried to change my teetotaler ways by saying "Hum to zindagi ka nasha karte hain". Its only when I sat down to write this I realized what it actually means!

No comments: