Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Serendipity!

In very simple terms it means a "Lucky accident".

And it was a lucky accident that I ended up watching "Serendipity" the movie yesterday evening. What a simple n beautiful movie.... one of the good ones that I have seen in a long time. Has a classical bollwood romantic movie touch to it. Had liked John Cusack in "Runaway Jury" too and after "Serendipity" I can say that I have developed a liking for his acting. BTW heres the soundtrack of the movie:



Moving on.... the movie actually got me thinking.

Many months back one Prof at MDI had narrated how serendipity had played a major role in his life in getting him where he is. And on giving it a serious thought I realized that how serendipitous even I have been so far in life (though not in my romantic life as shown in the movie ;) )


At core I too firmly believe in the concept of destiny and fate. Coz if it wasn't for fate I am sure I wouldn't have been where I am right now and perhaps the online world would have been spared of some clutter.

But then when I look at it from another perspective questions pop up in my head. If its all destiny and fate then why am I majoring in a discipline of management called "Strategy" :

And as of now I cannot say for sure that this too is a "Lucky accident". :D

2 comments:

Sarath said...

I also liked the movie. Makes you wish that you had such a love story.
Nice blog though Ram bhaiya. Keep blogging

ManDevIan said...

Thank U sarath ... never knew people follow my blog... thats some additional motivation to continue blogging!! ;)